Today’s teams are more spread out than ever and remote work is becoming a new norm. In order to keep employees engaged in this new work culture, companies must seek out and implement new solutions. Online voting systems are specially designed to gather vital feedback from teams. This allows companies to respond to employee concerns and improve the work environment, which ultimately boosts employee retention rates.
Organizations that haven’t yet incorporated online voting solutions can learn a lot from companies that already rely on these systems for deeper employee engagement. It’s important to understand how this new technology works in order to appreciate its benefits.
Online Voting Systems 101: Online voting systems allow organizers to present questions or issues to a group via the internet. All voters respond through the same channel. Typically, a user creates an election, including details like dates, times, and questions. They invite designated group members to participate, usually by sending an email to recipients that includes a link to the poll. The system also include a means for voters to authenticate their profile in order to ensure the accuracy of results.
Voters click on the link, which takes them to a branded election website where they may enter their user credentials. After they authenticate their identity, the person is presented with relevant questions through a secure ballot. Voters indicate their responses and submit their ballot, which is either encrypted or remains anonymous according to the software settings. This user authentication method prevents users from voting more than once. Once the voting cycle concludes, results are calculated and available for viewing by the facilitator. Some online voting systems allow users to run reports to gain insight regarding the results.
Benefits of Online Voting Systems
- They’re flexible. Ballots can be accessed via any internet-enabled device, including smartphone, tablet, or computer. Some solutions incorporate a voting kiosk, which can be set up according to company needs.
- Online voting systems are secure, providing encryption options and audit trails.
- Multiple methods of voter authentication ensure that results are accurate.
- Online voting solutions are typically web-based. Because they are based on a tool and technology users are already familiar with, they’re fairly intuitive and user-friendly. If you can surf the internet, you should have no trouble creating a ballot or voting
- Because all ballots and responses are delivered over the internet, online voting systems are environmentally friendly. There’s no paper waste.
Many innovative companies have already incorporated online voting systems in order to increase employee engagement. Organizations of all sizes will likely soon be on board. Due to its advantages, this approach is gaining popularity among businesses that understand the value of employee engagement in relation to retention rates.
MeetingPulse features tools for online voting that make it easier for companies to collect data critical to engaging employees and creating a more harmonious work environment. Our solutions are designed to be simple and efficient, yet powerful enough to deliver key information. We integrate your company authentication and identity system into our technology in order to ensure accurate and reliable results. Please contact us to learn more about our online voting solutions or sign up to receive blog updates and our informative eBook.