We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties for their own use.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process information from you when you create an event, attend an event or register an account with us. You always have an option to completely delete information about you from our service by letting us know at [email protected].
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. If you are an event organizer, our services require you to sign up for a MeetingPulse account. This requires you to provide your name, email and, in some cases, phone number. As an attendee, an event admin may ask you to provide your name or other details.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you create an event or enter as an attendee.
This information includes:
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information, as provided by your browser such as: hardware, operating system version, browser version and device identifiers.
- Log Information. When you use our services as an event admin or an attendee, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- details about your connection, such as IP address, date, time, edge-location, ssl-protocol, ssl-cipher or time-taken to serve you requested site.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your MeetingPulse account.
- Local Storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Information we obtain about you from our partners may be associated with your MeetingPulse account. When such information is associated with your MeetingPulse account, we treat it as personal information.
How do we keep your information protected?
Your privacy is our priority at MeetingPulse.
We store your data on our servers located within the United States. We implement a standard set of security measures that is regularly audited in order to maintain the safety of your personal data when we collect and process it.
We do not store any credit card or financial information.
We protect MeetingPulse and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using SSL, in transit
- We encrypt all our data at rest as well and our servers are located at security standards-compliant facilities
- We offer you advanced SSO features when you access our services for both organizers and attendees, such as, Google SSO or SAML based SSO
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to those of MeetingPulse staff, and third parties who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- In order to save your settings for future visits.
- To store your interaction with our sites
We use the information collected using cookies to improve our sites and services. We may also contract with third party service providers in order to help us improve our business and services.
Do we disclose information to third parties?
We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties for their own use. Information about your use of MeetingPulse is used for improving of our services and for research purposes.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for MeetingPulse marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Additional Information for EU Visitors
We process personal data:
- To Fulfill Our Contractual Commitments. Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to Customers, or to take steps at Customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- To Further our Legitimate Interests. In most cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in conducting commercial activities related to our business; provided that such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals.
- With Consent. Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent.
For Legal Compliance Purposes. In the event of a legal matter, when necessary we will disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
If you are a Customer, we allow you to update or correct the personal information we have collected about you at any time by. You may be entitled under applicable law to request that MeetingPulse delete the personal data that we have stored about you or to receive a copy of your personal data from us. To update or correct your personal data, to make a request for deletion or a copy of your personal data, or to make any other request relating to your rights as a data subject under the GDPR, simply e-mail us at the following address: [email protected] Please include “EU Data Privacy Request:” in the subject line of your email. You may only change your e-mail address by e-mailing us from the new location and verifying the change.
We provide our Websites and Services from servers located in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites or Services from the European Union, we will transfer your personal information to the United States through the use of appropriate safeguards.
For more information see our GDPR Compliance Statement
Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To request such details please send an email to [email protected] Please include the phrase “California Privacy Request:” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and email address.
Other important notes
As we are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Children under the age of 13 may only use the Site or the Service with the permission and supervision of their parents. Additionally, teachers and schools seeking to use the Site or Service in the classroom with children under 13 years of age, are required to obtain the express consent of such children’s parents in compliance with COPPA, prior to permitting such children to access or use the Site or Service.